Troop 505's
Home Page
Eagle Scouts
EDGE Method
First-Aid Kit
Merit Badges
Photo Gallery
Scout Essentials
Scout Ranks
Summer Camp

Boy Scout Troop 505
(Puyallup, Washington)
ScoutLander Contact Our Troop Member Login

Merit Badges

A few merit badges have certain restrictions, but otherwise any registered Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, qualified Venturer or Sea Scout may work on them at any time.

Before beginning work with a merit badge counselor, a Boy Scout needs to have a discussion with the Scoutmaster.  After the discussion, the Scoutmaster will sign the "blue card" (Application for Merit Badge).  Scouts can get blue cards from the troop's Advancement Coordinator or they can be purchased from the Scout Shop.

For more information on the merit badge process, please see the BSA Guide to Advancement.

Resources for the BSA's merit badge program: